Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscript has not been previously published, is not before another journal for consideration; nor will it be until after such time the manuscript has either been withdrawn from further consideration or it has been decided that the manuscript will not be published in CANDJ or an explanation has been provided to the Editor. Refer to our policies on “Duplicate Publication and Concurrent Submission”
- The manuscript is original, and neither it nor any illustration, or any part thereof, are in any way in violation of any existing original or derivative copyright. For material that has been previously published, refer to our “Permissions” policy.
- The author(s) hereby agree that the submission adheres to CANDJ policies on Authorship, declaring Conflicts of Interest, Human and Animal Rights, Informed Consent, Acknowledgements and Funding, which are sourced in turn from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors.
- The manuscript follows the general structure and specific instructions pertaining to the applicable submission type as outlined in CANDJ’s Author Guidelines, and when applicable, the appropriate reporting guideline has been followed.
- The “Blinding for Peer Review” instructions have been followed if submitting under one of the following categories: Original Research, Short Reports, Reviews, Perspectives, or Case Reports.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format with a common typeface used such as Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, or Times in 11 or 12 points, and pages are consecutively numbered. References, figure captions, and tables, in that order, are also included after the text.
- Tables (if applicable) are formatted using the table tool in a word processing program. All tables (including associated title and legend) appear in consecutive numerical order after the references in the main manuscript file. All tables are referred to in the text.
- Figures (if applicable) are uploaded as separate files in an accepted format and not embedded in the manuscript file. All figures are referred to in the text.
References have been formatted according to the American Medical Association (AMA) reference style (11th edition), and
- Have been checked for accuracy and completeness.
- Are numbered consecutively in the order they are cited in the text; all listed references have been cited in the text.
- All in-text citations include superscript numbers, without parentheses.
- When available, the use of the DOI is preferred over URL, and when included is displayed as a full URL link (i.e. https://doi.org/10.xxxx/xxxxx).
- A title page, that includes all required details as outlined in the Author Guidelines, is provided as a separate document for blinding purposes. For a sample template that can assist you in the proper preparation of the title page, please click here.
Copyright for all articles published in the CANDJ is retained by the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND). Authors submitting manuscripts to CANDJ do so with the understanding that if a manuscript is accepted, the copyright in the article, including the right to reproduce the article in all forms, shall be assigned exclusively to the CAND. CANDJ authors are required to sign a copyright transfer agreement upon acceptance of their article. Author rights are outlined in the agreement. For re-use of CANDJ content see “Permissions & Licensing”.
The data collected from registered and non-registered users of this journal falls within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals. It includes information that makes communication possible for the editorial process and for the information, products and services that you request from us; it is used to informs readers about the authorship and editing of content; it allows us to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you (CAND member journal access, subscriber journal access, and Pay-Per-View); and it enables collecting aggregated data on readership behaviors, as well as tracking geopolitical and social elements of scholarly communication.
The CAND Journal Editors and its Publisher (the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors) use this data to guide its work in publishing and improving this journal. Data that will assist in developing this publishing platform may be shared with its developer Public Knowledge Project in an anonymized and aggregated form, with appropriate exceptions such as article metrics. The data will not be sold by this journal, the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors, or PKP nor will it be used for purposes other than those stated here. The authors published in this journal are responsible for the human subject data that figures in the research reported here. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
This website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. This journal uses reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage, and report on such usage to funding agencies, association members, and other agencies. You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing this browser add-on.
Those involved in editing this journal seek to be compliant with industry standards for data privacy, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provision for “data subject rights” that include (a) breach notification; (b) right of access; (c) the right to be forgotten; (d) data portability; and (e) privacy by design. The GDPR also allows for the recognition of “the public interest in the availability of the data,” which has a particular saliency for those involved in maintaining, with the greatest integrity possible, the public record of scholarly publishing.
If you have a user account and wish to have it deleted, please email email@example.com.